Sunday 18 August 2013

Mulokhiya + thinking about places

(Mulokhiya is a very green dish - cooked mulohkiya leaves - that is popular in Palestine)

Words people said that connected to the place today...

green
windy
breathtaking
beautiful
awesome
perfect
I can't do one word, I have to write a book
healthy
amazing
mulokhiya


PALESTINE discussion... We asked, is this place like Palestine?

Things that are similar...
hills, sheep, cows

Things that are different...
weather, houses, you can go wherever you want to here... the occupation

STORIES people told... about Palestine to show it is different from here

children arrested including my friends
The Wall that divides our town
My school was attacked by the army when I was small and I was injured in my cheek
One of the kids was imprisoned recently

Some things to find out about

There used to be a wall here, Offa's Dyke, it's now gone
What was the story of the Welsh and the English?
Our campsite is near a border between England and Wales but you cannot feel it...

No comments:

Post a Comment